Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
التسجيل
النتائج 1 إلى 3 من 3

Abandoned Cathedral

هذا الموضوع : Abandoned Cathedral داخل Making oFالتابع الي قسم ابداعات طريق الجرافيك : The Making of Abandoned Cathedral by cgitsu “Abandoned Cathedral” was made for cg Society’s Spectacular contest. After visiting the Vatican ...

الصورة الرمزية طريق الجرافيك
    إدارة طريق الجرافيك

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2006
    الدولة
    طريق الجرافيك
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Abandoned Cathedral

The Making of Abandoned Cathedral by cgitsu

“Abandoned Cathedral” was made for cg Society’s Spectacular contest. After visiting the Vatican the summer before, I was inspired to create something architectural in nature. Walking through the Vatican filled me with awe, so I thought it would fit the idea of spectacular perfectly. To give the idea more interest I had the cathedral abandoned, and gave it a dark light scheme. By having the Cathedral old and abandoned I could add more dirt and texture to the image. After choosing a direction I began gathering reference of cathedrals. I borrowed several elements from each cathedral and in a short time I had something similar to most cathedrals yet different.

After I settled on a concept I began the modeling process. The first thing I did was make a simple model version so I could work on scene composition. Once I was happy with composition I started making the pillars. To ensure each side of the pillars would be the same I just modeled one side and duplicated it around to form a cylinder. I made the sculptures in the middle of the pillars by creating a simple Maya model, and then Zbrushing it to get sculpted detail. To make the arches I used the curve tool to get the basic shape and I lofted it along an imagined arch curve. As my arches began closing in areas I created low poly objects in between for filler. For the final touch I added some paint effects vines.

Once I finished UV mapping, I began the texturing process. I started by finding a high resolution picture of stone or marble. Then I clone brushed this picture across my UV’s in Photoshop. Once that was finished I put each of the models into Zbrush and added cavity maps. Cavity maps are a great way to add a little depth to your models because they simulate dirt in low lying areas of the mesh. Once a cavity map is created you can import it into Photoshop and use it as a multiply layer. After this your models will look more used.

For lighting I didn’t use global illumination because I wanted to have as much control over the light as possible. I started with the main light shinning in from the ceiling. I then added a spot light to where the outside light was hitting the inside of the cathedral. I found the image was still rather dark so I added several weak blue lights where it was too dark. For that final touch I add a red light to show off the dark areas better. Also I only enabled shadow mapping on the main outside light. This saved me render time and made the lighting make more sense.

I rendered the image with Maya software because I wanted to have the ability to use IPR render, which allows for quick adjustments.

After I had a render I was satisfied with I put it into Photoshop for post production. To make the image pop I adjusted the brightness and contrast. Then I dodged and burned several areas of the image to add a little extra pop. For the final touch I added a little dust in the light.

الصورة الرمزية AzizX
    طالب بالمركز التعليمي

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2010
    الدولة
    سلطنة عمان
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Abandoned Cathedral

تسلم ايديك ممتاز

الصورة الرمزية speed_3d
    طالب بالمركز التعليمي

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2007
    الدولة
    iraq
    العمر
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Thumbs up رد: Abandoned Cathedral

شكراً جزيلاً استاذنا العزيز على الميك اوف الرائع

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. Making Of: The Abandoned Lobby in Maya and Mentalray, A Lighting & Rendering Overview
    بواسطة waleed_ali في المنتدى مايا | Autodesk Maya
    مشاركات: 8
    آخر مشاركة: 09 / 03 / 2013, 08 : 09 AM
  2. beauty from Abandoned place
    بواسطة darck في المنتدى عرض ونقد الأعمال | Exhibition & Criticism Designs
    مشاركات: 11
    آخر مشاركة: 20 / 12 / 2010, 48 : 07 PM
  3. Abandoned Church
    بواسطة tarikbellikli في المنتدى عرض ونقد الأعمال | Exhibition & Criticism Designs
    مشاركات: 2
    آخر مشاركة: 10 / 01 / 2010, 37 : 01 AM
  4. time-abandoned one's
    بواسطة khalid87 في المنتدى عرض ونقد الأعمال | Exhibition & Criticism Designs
    مشاركات: 6
    آخر مشاركة: 27 / 07 / 2008, 59 : 08 AM

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •  
الساعة الآن 30 : 07 PM