Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
التسجيل
صفحة 1 من 2 12 الأخيرةالأخيرة
النتائج 1 إلى 15 من 25

BABILON

هذا الموضوع : BABILON داخل Making oFالتابع الي قسم ابداعات طريق الجرافيك : Concept Sketch: basic idea so the first thing that came to mind when i read the guidlines was that sence ...

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

BABILON

Concept Sketch: basic idea

so the first thing that came to mind when i read the guidlines was that sence of scale will have to take a large role in the image. then I realized that its not enough, I need to make something that is somehow "dinamic", to catch something big happening the second it happens. I've decided to make the fall of babilon as i imagine it.

note this sketch was only made to show my general idea for the sence of scale (look at the height of the "houses") and what will be generally hapening.
    the camera angle is more or less final as well.

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة مسلمة ; 10 / 05 / 2009 الساعة 28 : 09 AM

عندما نعيش لذواتنا فحسب تبدو لنا الحياة قصيرة ضئيلة
    تبدأ من حيث بدأنا نعي وتنتهي بانتهاء عمرنا المحدود
    أما عندما نعيش لفكرة فإن الحياة تبدو طويلة عميقة
    تبدأ من حيث بدأت الإنسانية وتمتد بعد مفارقتنا لوجه هذه الأرض

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Concept Sketch: some of my refference

just thought I'd share some of the refference images I've collected on the net to get a good idea of the originaltower design.
    I plan to keep the general look close to the original as i see in the paintings and then add my own stuff while stil keeping the base the same as it was ... and then start destroing it

besides some modeling progress, my time was also spent for more carefull planning on how to proceed with this. I've decided to not use meshsmooth. there are 2 meanning to this - my workflow will be much slower as i chamfer everything by hand and when i will wanna make changes, it would mean dealing with much higher poly count on the base mesh.
    the second meanning to this is that i cut the poly count by 300% ...

anyways, I've focused mainly on the lower part of the tower - the first 2 levels and the beggining of the spiral part. I know it all might look too repetetive. I'm planning on changing that as much as I can to have a good base and then add the real details that will make the variation - flags, torches, plants and so on

Modeling: modeling process

here's a quick look at how its modeled.
    I'm stil checking my options with the modeling. On one hand, i wanna go crazy with the details later on so i keep the whole base with clean quads and on the other Hand, I havent evan begun with all the rest of the stuff i got in my mind and i am allready at 3.5 million polys ...

ok, so this is what i got so far on the tower. as you can see, I kept the basic shape the same as i saw in the refference with my own touch. I plan on giving it much more details and variation to break the repetetivness later on. next up is making the city below it to give the sence of scale.
    I think i'll take a little break from the tower and start on the city around it now.

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة مسلمة ; 10 / 05 / 2009 الساعة 30 : 09 AM

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Modeling: city simple house

This is 3 variations of the "simple" city houses. I'm trying to keep it looking biblical and simple looking

By now I've been through lots of refference image from the biblical times. One of the most common props I've seen was vases. This prop will take a large role in my scene to fill in details and live up boring areas. Thats why I've made quite a few variations of it (model and texture
    ).

I've decided to put a minitower somewhere in the center of the city pretty close to where the babylon tower begins. The tower itself is just about as high as the first floor of the babilon tower. In the screenshot, u can clearly start getting a sence of scale by familiar things "we know".

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Modeling: bricks

these bricks are gonna serve me to construct some basic stuff i have in mind like a well. they will also take a roll in this project once I start "bringing the tower down"
    Like with the vases, i hate it when its so noticable when something was modeled once and just got clonned all over the place so I made a few variations in the details

Modeling: Well of Babylon

stil working on stuff to fill the city with. I needed ideas stuff that biblical cities needed and a well was pretty obviuse. stil need some good ideas. I think I'll make a marketplace area

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Modeling: cart and items

I allwais try to keep it looking very detailed with a relatively low/medium poly count keeping in mind the size of the final scene
    more props and stuff to spread around

Modeling: Building a city

I've decided its time to start constructing the actual city. The general plan is to have a sea with some ships (yeah more stuff to model...) on the right, have a marketplace near the shore, have the "mini" temple on the center and the city houses on the left.
    I am now reworking the lighting setup to make it all look good. I am going with a bit darker setup than what i planned so i could light stuff locally with torches and stuff to break the evanness.
    I stil gotta re-arrange everything and build much more stuff to fill the city with. Lots of stuff before I evan get back to working (and ruinning) on the tower itself.
    I just with i'll have the time

anyhoo, here's a viewport shot of what i got so far.

Polycount btw, is currently standing on 4 Million so I'll have to start killing polys from stuff that wont be seen by the camera (the back of the well, the back of the temple and stuff like that
    )

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Lighting: General lighting

At this point I got a pretty good idea of how everything will be put togheter and I have a solid base. I think its a good time to setup the "final" lighting setup in general (with more minor tweaks in the end) so that I could make everything accordingly. there are 2 "key sidlights" that come from both sides, warm from the sun which is just starting to set and cold blue from the other side. the other lights are pretty much fill lights. Like I said, i wanna make this a sorta afternoon lighting so it won't be too dark but it could be lit locally with torches later on

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Modeling: details and changes

Adding details, deleting poligons,Adding details, deleting poligons,Adding details, deleting poligons (those that the camera cannot see like the back oh the houses / minitower and so on) ...
    I'm beginning to think the real art here is to deal with the hardware limitation. I stil got so much stuff I wanna add but the render allready crashes sometimes (thats allwais my sign to keep finding stuff to optimize).

Anyways, I've also decided to lower the camera angle a bit. I think its alot better when its almost at the person level (at the cost of showing less of the city, but it actually makes the city look more dense). I've also re arranged the city houses to look more dense. Next up is to add a bit more plant types, add some torches, add more people, add some cammels, working more on the market, and then get back to the tower and start ruinning stuff

I got 2 GB of ram, I'm really pushing them to the limit

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Modeling: memory NEED MORE MEMORY

I allready passed the limits long time ago and decided to split the scene this way - the city (bottom left), the market and sea (bottom middle to right), the tower, and effects in the end.
    I've been focusing on the city lately, trying to keep it in very high detail level, yet optimizing whereever I can.
    I've now reached the point when the rendering of the city alone crashes at some point. so I divide it into rendering the city in a different pass and the city trees in a different pass (lots of alpha maps take alot of the memory evan if the poly count is relatively low!), EVAN that crashes from time to time.
    I'll end up rendering everything in the end (evan if it means tons of render regions and compositting togheter small chunks in PS), but I just had to share my desperation with you now that max crashed for about the 100'th time.

Anyways, 'nuff ranting for one day. I'm pretty much done with the city (xcpt for the rendering part). added lots of trees for the desertish atmosphere, torches to light areas locally and make things look more dense that way and break the repetetiveness look, and peaople.

I gave all the (low poly) ppl a basic rig so that I could make alot of varriations in their pose. Like I said before, this scene takes place at about the second that the tower was "attacked", thats why I wanna make some people look shocked, some ppl look scared and running around and some ppl are stil in their normal day occupation, not evan realizing yet what is happenning.

I hope I could start rendering everything togheter, I stil wanna add a few more details in the city before it is final, luckily I have a full time job, so I'll render all the passes (of just the city that is) during the week and have something to show next week. I really need to start moving on as I stil got tons of stuff

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Rendering: city preview

I seem to find a way to lower the quality enaugh to be able to render everything at once for a preview.
    Just tought I'de share it with you. sorry if its hard to make out the details cause of the low quality. this is less than half of the original resolution btw. ignore the empty part on the right part, its on my to-fill lis

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Rendering: CIty rendering done

the city, rendered in many passes (different objects rendered seperatly and occlusion pass). It is pretty much done for now, I guess it will stil go through some major tweakings once I get other stuff done.
    now its time to focus on the market and the sea

Modeling: babylon dock / market

Not much new, just a test render of what I got so far on the dock / market in full resolution.
    On the to-do list (probably in that order) - build some wooden planks for ships to dock, model more details for the market tents and start arranging them better with more stuff, add ppl, add animals, add big stuff falling into the water causing splashes and so on

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Modeling: market

started shaping up the market.
    stil lots of details (objects and ppl/animals) needed to fill the place

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Texturing: SPLASH

I recall reading somewhere that man has allwais been facinated by 2 things - fire and water.
    well I keep the fire part for the end, Now I've started with the water. This is why I wanted to catch the ocean too in the composition. I've made some splashes caused by stuff that started to fall apart from the tower.
    I'll stil put the "messy" part on hold a bit as I have to finish the market first and then finish up the tower as a whole, but after that comes the fun part of bringing it all apart

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

light

After rendering seperatly quite a few bits a pieces of this, I can finnaly put the city render togheter to one pic.
    I stil need to render some other passes of the city and make some PS work. I'll post lots of closeups on all the details when I will be totally done with the city which hopefully will be before the weekend will be done.

Modeling: more tower details

ok, before starting to ruin the tower, I am making some more variation in the details.
    I will also spread some props on it like torches and flags of all the cultures next

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة مسلمة ; 10 / 05 / 2009 الساعة 21 : 10 AM

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Here are a few quick viewport shots. the render doesnt crash now cause I am working with alot of instances (so it doesnt metter too much I am on the 3.5 million polycount :| ) I've spent the last few days adding more details to the tower itself. I also made lots of different flags of all the cultures and some torches. I've actually placed them one by one and gave them some variation so they wont look repetetive and clonned (wind effects for flags and different fire/light settings for torches).

Post Effects and Compositing: Envierment closeup1 - spiral clouds

A close up on the spiral clouds that surround the upper part of the tower

Post Effects and Compositing: Envierment closeup2 - birds on the run.

A close up on birds flying away before the mess will start.
    I plan on making lots of more birds later on. I sorta have problams getting them in the right sence of scale because they are just small dots to the full image if I make them smaller than this

Post Effects and Compositing: Envierment closeup3

A close up on the "source" of all the mess that is about to come.
    It also justifies the blue lighting I had all along coming from the upper left

Post Effects and Compositing: Raging skies over babylon - full image

Post Effects and Compositing: raging skies

الصورة الرمزية مسلمة
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    الدولة
    qatar
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Post Effects and Compositing: spiral rage

Post Effects and Compositing: spiral thing

Texturing: cracks

added some cracks all over the tower

Post Effects and Compositing: additional ground dust

Just rendered another layer of dust.
    This one is much "lower" than the first one. I figured most of the dust is closer to the ground (when everyone is running and the ground is shaking) so I made this layer

Post Effects and Compositing: tower dust

since the tower is just starting to crack up and crumble, I'm adding a little bit of dust to the bottom of the first floors

Final Image: Rage over Babylon

صفحة 1 من 2 12 الأخيرةالأخيرة

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •  
الساعة الآن 57 : 10 AM