Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
التسجيل
النتائج 1 إلى 9 من 9

Making Of "DragONtFLY"

هذا الموضوع : Making Of "DragONtFLY" داخل Making oFالتابع الي قسم ابداعات طريق الجرافيك : Introduction I created the first version of this work in 2006. At that time one of the sites held a ...

الصورة الرمزية Doaa
    طالب بالمركز التعليمي

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2006
    الدولة
    مش مهم
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Making Of "DragONtFLY"

Introduction
    I created the first version of this work in 2006. At that time one of the sites held a contest for the best “Mechanical toy” and I decided to show it is possible to create graceful things using rough tools. One of the conditions of the contest was the presence of clockwork. I decided to create a mechanical dragonfly and tried to get a feeling of olden time. I didn’t have enough experience in adjustment of materials and light so in the final result the image wasn’t of high quality.
    After a year I decided to return to the work and finish it. I didn’t change the model of the dragonfly but all the other models, materials and light were changed. I added many details which were not on the first image.
    I carried on with this work for about a month in all (I worked only in my free time).
    I’d like to share my experience with you.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 192, 203)"]Modeling
    [/COLOR]I used polymodeling to model almost all the details of the scene. I usually start by creating primitive (boxes, cylinders, planes etc.). I applied a modifier Edit poly and achieved the necessary form and specification with polymodeling tools (extrusions, bevels, chamfers, cutting etc.) and modifiers (Symmetry, Bend, Shell, Twist, Noise, Displace, Turbo Smooth etc.).

I decided to use Displacement to create stamping on the rim of the magnifier and on the metal container (to get extra experience in this area). I need the displacement map and I created it by model of repeating part of figure and Zdepth .

I used a modifier Cloth to create a rag with the subsequent manual editing the coordinates of vertex.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 192, 203)"]Materials and texturing
    [/COLOR]I spent about half of the time for creation of materials as I consider bad material spoils any model even the best one. Therefore I give greater consideration to creation of materials. All the textures used in this work come from my private library. Some I’ve photographed specially for this work e.g. texture of wood for table, texture of fabric etc. I’ve created some textures in Photoshop, e.g. paper with inscriptions and a figure on it, texture of scratches on hammer etc.
    In this work I haven’t used Unwrap UVW as I don’t like to do it and I always try to avoid it if possible. I’ve confined myself using to base mapping (planar, cubic, and cylindrical) and Multi/Sub-Object materials.
    I spent a lot of time creating realistic materials of lens glass and the hammer metal because using parameters of these materials close to their physical characteristics hadn’t given a desirable result and I had to do it by guesswork.
    Some of the textures you can see on figure.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 192, 203)"]Lighting and rendering
    [/COLOR]I used a planar VrayLight for the basic light source (light from a window) in the scene. So that the light source looked like a window I placed two crossed boxes to simulate a window. For environmental light and reflections I used HDRI map.
    The base image with resolution 2700x3672 was rendered in about four hours on my computer (Pentium IV-3000, 2GB of memory). I used VraySincFilter for antialiasing filter, Irradiance map for Primary GI engine and Light Cache for Secondary GI engine.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 192, 203)"]Post processing
    [/COLOR]

I decided to highlight a dragonfly because there wasn’t enough contrast when the final render was ready. I needed a mask to repeat the contours of the dragonfly and to separate it from other image. I made all the objects invisible except the dragonfly in 3d Max and appropriated to it black material. Then I disabled all light sources and made a white background. I rendered the image with a mask to separate the dragonfly from the background.

I made the dragonfly lighter and the background darker by using a mask in Photoshop. Then I heightened the contrast of the image.
    I decided to create DOF by post processing to save a time rendering. I used Zdepth for that. I rendered two maps. I took as a parameter min – the distance from the camera to the nearest visible object and as a max- the distance from the camera to the center of dragonfly for the first card. For the second one I took as a parameter min - the distance from the camera to the center of the dragonfly and as a max- the distance from the camera to the furthest visible object. Then I combined it into one by dint of mixing layers of “screen”

and used this image as a mask for Lens blur.
    I understand this method is not correct from the physical point of view but the final result suited me fine.
    I applied Volume Light and Dust in Photoshop as separate layer using “screen”. Previously I created a layer in 3d Max and the additional source of light with Volume Light. I applied a black material to all the objects of the scene and rendered image.

[COLOR="rgb(255, 192, 203)"]A conclusion.
    [/COLOR]I have come to understand many things in this work which could be made in other, better ways but I’m not limited to any terms in personal work. I always try to use unusual ways of work to get extra experience in 3D and I try to find ways to speed up achieving the final image.
    I hope after reading this you will understand some of my methods of work and may be you will find something useful for yourself.

الصورة الرمزية ateya3d
    Founder & Site Admin

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2006
    الدولة
    Egypt
    العمر
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Making Of "DragONtFLY"

جزاكم الله خيرا اختنا الكريمه استاذه دعاء
    مقر طريق الجرافيك بالقاهرة
    7 شارع جامعة القاهرة - الدور الثالث - بميدان الجيزة
    Tel: (202)35696328 Cell: (2012)70770170 - (2011)16030067 - (2012)25134331

الصورة الرمزية speed_3d
    طالب بالمركز التعليمي

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2007
    الدولة
    iraq
    العمر
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Thumbs up رد: Making Of "DragONtFLY"

شكراً جزيلاً اختي العزيزة بارك الله فيكي

الصورة الرمزية bra24
    مصمم متميز

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    france, maroc
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

شكراً بارك الله فيكي اختي
    سبحان الله و الحمد لله ولا اله الا الله و الله اكبر

الصورة الرمزية حمدي3dmax
    مصمم مشارك

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2009
    الدولة
    مصر
    العمر
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اتا مش فاهم حاجه يا دعاء
    سبحان الله والحمد لله
    رندر اي مشروع معماري في اقل وقت .للأستفسار: hamdy_sa5@yahoo.com

الصورة الرمزية arif2008
    مشرف قسم المبتدئين في الماكس

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    السودان
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

مشكورة أختي الكريمة >>
    ( حسبنا الله سيؤتينا الله من فضله إنا إلى الله راغبون ) دعاء الفرج بعد التشهد الأخير

الصورة الرمزية prins
    طالب بالمركز التعليمي

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2007
    الدولة
    الرياض
    العمر
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

روعة روعة
    جزاكي الله عنا كل الخير

الصورة الرمزية failed
    مشرف طلبات والاستفسارات الماكس

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sep 2008
    الدولة
    L!BY@ - Benghazi
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

بـارك الله فيـك

الصورة الرمزية EHABMARWAN
    مشرف قسم الماكس

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2010
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    معدل تقييم المستوى

تسلم الايادى
    بارك الله فيكى

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. سوني" تتحدى "آبل" و"سامسونج" في قطاع الهاتف الذكي
    بواسطة waleed_ali في المنتدى أخبار الثري دي والتقنيات |Graphic news , Techniques
    مشاركات: 2
    آخر مشاركة: 04 / 10 / 2013, 26 : 06 PM
  2. The Technique Of Making a Reflective Water Surface " Photoshop "
    بواسطة رفيق في المنتدى الدورات والدروس التعليمية | Photoshop Tutorials & Tips
    مشاركات: 3
    آخر مشاركة: 22 / 08 / 2012, 14 : 10 AM
  3. "سامسونغ" تطبق "إس هيلث" على هواتف "غالاكسي إس3"
    بواسطة waleed_ali في المنتدى أخبار الثري دي والتقنيات |Graphic news , Techniques
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 13 / 07 / 2012, 57 : 07 PM
  4. "جوجل" تكشف عن حاسب "نيكزس 7" اللوحى بالتعاون مع شركة "آسوس"
    بواسطة 4MAX في المنتدى أخبار الثري دي والتقنيات |Graphic news , Techniques
    مشاركات: 2
    آخر مشاركة: 13 / 07 / 2012, 58 : 10 AM
  5. كيفية قطع الفيديو بالافتر "" ارجو الاجابة """
    بواسطة sofiensd في المنتدى طلبات واستفسارات الأفتر افيكت | Requests and Inquiries
    مشاركات: 3
    آخر مشاركة: 27 / 08 / 2009, 34 : 11 PM

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •  
الساعة الآن 41 : 04 AM