Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube My Space Blogger
التسجيل
النتائج 1 إلى 6 من 6

Making Of 'Waiting for the Storm' by George Krallis

هذا الموضوع : Making Of 'Waiting for the Storm' by George Krallis داخل الدورات والدروس التعليمية | 3dsMax Tutorials & Tipsالتابع الي قسم Autodesk 3D Studio Max : Software Used : 3ds Max, V-Ray & Photoshop I’m 35 years old and I live in Xanthi, Greece where I ...

الصورة الرمزية waleed_ali
    مشرف القسم العام والإسلامي

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2010
    الدولة
    A, A
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Making Of 'Waiting for the Storm' by George Krallis

Software Used:

3ds Max, V-Ray & Photoshop
    I’m 35 years old and I live in Xanthi, Greece where I work as a graphic designer. Xanthi is a small town in the north part of Greece and the old part of it is filled with aged buildings, which are what inspired me to make some 3D scenes.
    I’ve been working with 3D graphics with my wife (
    www.kouki1.deviantart.com) for six years as a freelancer. This particular project fulfilled my personal ambition to create a realistic image with aged buildings, and the main inspiration came from a model that I found on Board4All.cz. I wanted to create it from the beginning, blend it with water, and give the sense of an abandoned village, just like the ones we might see in the ancient town of Fenghuang, China.
    I made some sketches before I started work in 3D. With my chosen sketch (Fig.01), I started up 3ds Max where I then began working on the models from standard primitives and using some basic modifiers like Lathe, Bevel, and the Unwrap UVW modifier. I created just four buildings and copied them with different parameters (Fig.02). Some extra models were also necessary in order to complete the project (Fig.03).

Fig.01

Fig.02

Fig.03

The fun part began when I started to work with materials. I like working with the Unwrap modifier and transferring all of my unwrapped renders into Photoshop where I can then blend many different kinds of aged textures to my liking (Fig.04).

Fig.04

For the lighting in my scene I used a Target Directional Light, but I worked further on the lighting once in Photoshop because I had to blend the final render with the background image which I used from the stock library by Pierre Laurent (
    www.cat-in-the-stock.deviantart.com). I could have done this work in 3ds Max, but I decided I could control the lighting blend better and more quickly in Photoshop without having to render all the time to check the final result.
    For the scene I used Adaptive DMC as an image sampler, the V-Ray Lanczos filter as an antialiasing filter, Irradiance map for the primary bounces, and Brute Force as secondary bounces. The V-Ray Irradiance map was set at medium with 50 Hsph Subdivisions and 40 Interp. Samples, and no environment lights were used at all. I also rendered some other elements, like Vray Alpha, Vray Atmosphere, Vray Global Illumination, Vray Diffuse Filter and Render ID, which I used as extra layers later on in Photoshop.
    When I was finished with my first render (Fig.05) and before I used the materials, the scene looked very bright, like a sunny day was about to come, but my goal was actually quite the opposite! I wanted to portray a sense of abandonment in a small village with a storm on its approach. So I applied all the basic materials in 3ds Max because the light always looks different after I apply them (Fig.06), and then re-evaluated the image.

Fig.05

Fig.06

The rest of the work was done in Photoshop where I continued to work with materials. I also painted some extra parts, like ropes hanging from the buildings and some dead trees behind the buildings. The dying trees work in contrast with the thriving ecosystem featured in the background image, and in my opinion this helps make the scene look a little spookier. As a finishing touch I played with Curves layers to achieve the most appropriate looking atmosphere for the scene and the story (Fig.07).

Fig.07

Thanks for reading, please be sure to visit my webpage for further information about me and for more examples of my work. Thank you!

الصورة الرمزية arif2008
    مشرف قسم المبتدئين في الماكس

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    السودان
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Making Of 'Waiting for the Storm' by George Krallis

النتيجة جميله جداً لوجدت وقت سأقوم برسم هذا المنظر علي الفوتوشوب <<<<
    ( حسبنا الله سيؤتينا الله من فضله إنا إلى الله راغبون ) دعاء الفرج بعد التشهد الأخير

الصورة الرمزية 4MAX
    الإشراف العام

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jul 2009
    الدولة
    فى القلب
    العمر
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

شكله رائع جدا
    ان لله عبادا اختصهم لقضاء حوائج الناس
    حببهم للخير وحبب الخير لهم
    اولئك هم الامنون من عذاب الله يوم القيامه
    =====

بروا آبائكم يبروكم أبنائكم

ĎΞs!GŖ

مركز طريق الجرافيك التعليمي

الصورة الرمزية arif2008
    مشرف قسم المبتدئين في الماكس

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    السودان
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

أيه رأيك أخي محمد نتنافس علي رسمه <<<

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2010
    الدولة
    A, A
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة arif2008 مشاهدة المشاركة
    النتيجة جميله جداً لوجدت وقت سأقوم برسم هذا المنظر علي الفوتوشوب <<<<
    الحمد لله انه عجبك ويلا ورينا الهمه

الحالة
    غير متصل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2010
    الدولة
    A, A
    المشاركات
    Thanks
    الصور
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اقتباس المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة 4MAX مشاهدة المشاركة
    شكله رائع جدا
    شكرا لمرورك اخى محمد

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. Waiting for the stars
    بواسطة M.algalad في المنتدى عرض ونقد الأعمال | Exhibition & Criticism Designs
    مشاركات: 7
    آخر مشاركة: 03 / 12 / 2011, 33 : 06 AM
  2. Making of Before the Storm
    بواسطة ام اياد في المنتدى Making oF
    مشاركات: 4
    آخر مشاركة: 06 / 09 / 2011, 24 : 04 PM
  3. جورج واشنطن George Washington
    بواسطة MOSTAFA3D في المنتدى المنتدى العام
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 29 / 09 / 2010, 13 : 10 PM
  4. The Waiting
    بواسطة sam_zone في المنتدى عرض ونقد الأعمال | Exhibition & Criticism Designs
    مشاركات: 5
    آخر مشاركة: 20 / 10 / 2007, 23 : 07 PM
  5. Maya at a Glance by George Maestri, Famous Lynda Tutorial
    بواسطة johnbob في المنتدى الأرشيف و المواضيع القديمة
    مشاركات: 4
    آخر مشاركة: 04 / 12 / 2006, 07 : 12 AM

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك